As part of plans to launch five products in India in next two years in a bid to increase sales, German carmaker Volkswagen on Tuesday launched new version of its mid-sized sedan Vento priced Rs.7.85 lakh onwards.
Besides launching a sub-4 meter compact sedan next year, the company plans to bring in the iconic Beetle. Volkswagen will launch 8th generation of its sedan Passat and Tiguan.
The new facelifted Vento features a host of design updates including a revamped fascia thanks to a new grille styled along the lines of the VW Jetta, while the rear gets a redesigned bumper and new tail lamps. The car’s rear bumper, boot lid, door handles and the exhaust pipe have also been garnished in chrome and a 3D-effect taillights.
Image Courtesy : The Hindu
Listed below are the variant-wise prices of the new Vento-Petrol
- New Volkswagen Vento 1.6 Trendline- Rs 7.85 lakh
- New Volkswagen Vento 1.6 Comfortline- Rs 8.67 lakh
- New Volkswagen Vento 1.6 Highline- Rs 9.42 lakh
- New Volkswagen Vento 1.2 AT Trendline- Rs 9.87 lakh
- New Volkswagen Vento 1.2 AT Comfortline- Rs 10.62 lakh
Listed below are the variant-wise prices of the new Vento-Diesel
- New Volkswagen Vento 1.5 Trendline- Rs 9.10 lakh
- New Volkswagen Vento 1.5 Comfortline- Rs 9.92 lakh
- New Volkswagen Vento 1.5 Highline- Rs 10.67 lakh
- New Volkswagen Vento 1.5 AT Comfortline- Rs 11.12 lakh
- New Volkswagen Vento 1.5 AT Highline- Rs 11.87 lakh
Inside, Volkswagen has improved the feature list of the new Vento with the addition of cruise control, cooled glovebox, a dead pedal, external boot release and auto-folding mirrors. Mechanically the car almost remains the same with the same set of petrol and diesel engine options as before.
New ‘Titanium Beige’ and ‘Carbon Steel’ colors are also offered on the sedan now.
The petrol engine options include a 1.6-litre mill that produces 103bhp and 153Nm of torque as well as a 1.2-litre mill that produces 103bhp and 175Nm of torque. The former is mated to a five-speed MT while the latter is offered exclusively with a seven-speed DSG AT. On the oil burner front, the facelifted Vento can be had with a 1.5-litre mill that produces 103bhp and 250Nm of torque. This engine is offered with a five-speed manual or seven-speed DSG AT.
The new Vento competes in the C-Segment with the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Honda City, Skoda Rapid, Nissan Sunny, Renault Scala and the Hyundai Verna.