MV Agusta F4 launched today, follows in the recently launched Brutale 1090 and is priced at Rs 25.5 lakh. The F4 is the flagship model for the Italian bike maker and will compete against the likes of Yamaha R1, BMW S1000RR, Suzuki GSX-R1000, Aprilia RSV4.
The MV Agusta F4 is powered by a 998 cc inline four-cylinder engine which is tuned to push an insane 195 PS of power at 13,400 rpm and 110.8 Nm of torque at 9,600 rpm. A six-speed gearbox transfers power to the wheel via a chain drive.The mean machine is capable of reaching speeds in excess of 300 kmph with a 0-100 kmph taking just 3.1 seconds.
The MVICS (Motor and Vehicle Integrated Control System) offers 4-stage engine maps and 8-stage traction control, Torque Shift System and Electronic Quick Shift, etc. Throttle sensitivity, maximum torque, engine braking, engine response and the rev limiter can all be adjusted. The 8-level traction control system takes its cue from an inertial platform that has a lean angle sensor, three gyroscopes and three accelerometers, and also takes data from the bike’s ABS rings.
On the F4, basic measurements are 1,430 mm wheelbase, steering head angle (23.5°) and single-sided swingarm length (565 mm). The F4 contains the most advanced engineering solutions, enhanced by a range of technical excellence to offer the complete control of the vehicle and maximum performance: chassis control utilizing vehicle inertia sensors, a unique engine control with Ride-By-Wire system, Ohlins electronic control suspension and steering damper as well as GP spec titanium connecting rods.
Features of the F4
• Short-stroke inline four-cylinder engine with central cam chain and radial valves
• MVICS Technology (Motor & Vehicle Integrated Control System)
• ELDOR electronics package with Ride-By-Wire system and four maps engine:
-Throttle sensitivity adjustable (selectable between Normal, Sport and Rain)
-Max torque (selectable between Normal, Sport and Rain)
-Variable Engine response (selectable between Normal, Sport and Rain)
-Engine Braking (selectable between Normal, Sport and Rain)
-RPM limiter (selectable between Normal, Sport and Rain)
• Inertial vehicle lean angle sensor
• Traction control adjustable on eight levels
• Electronic EAS (Electronically Assisted Shift)
• Modular mixed structure frame with hand TIG welded tubular steel trellis and aluminum plates
• Ohlins suspension with electronic control
• Brembo monobloc brake calipers